eTwinning link: https://live.etwinning.net/projects/project/120868
spanish version: http://estuprofe.com/juegos/2015/11/07/cicerone/
Cicerone is an old term for a guide, someone who leads tourists and visitors in museums, galleries and the like, explaining aspects of archaeological, historical or artistic interest. The word is believed to come from the eloquence and the type of teaching practiced by Marcus Tullius Cicero, Cicero.
With this project, students will become leaders of their city, including both cultural and natural aspects. They will create a narrative web and present to colleagues from other European schools (hereinafter euromates) the location and natural environment.
As a suggestion, I include the following natural areas in the region of Murcia, once we know the destination city, we and the exchange teachers will agree with whether including or not.
• Knowing the local flora and fauna with the collaboration of SCIENCE 2nd of ESO subject.
• Highlighting the most important monuments, historical landmarks, different urban plans and demography in their city on the subject SOCIAL STUDIES of 2nd ESO
• Contrasting Murcia with another European city
• Working with euromates online and ICTs (email, Office365, drive, genial.ly, Glogster, etc …)
• Communicating knowledge about their socio-cultural and natural environment in another language.
• Travelling to another European school and socialize with other students.
• Receiving information by European partners of the same age and build collaborative work among them.
• Integrating collaborative work and project-based learning with the official curriculum.
The activity will consist of several phases:
1. INTRODUCTION.Where students talk on eTwinning and integrate into their web space TwinnSpace. Students will be thinking about what it is that makes them feel proud of their city (art, history, nature) and how they will be able to communicate it to their school exchange.
2. PRODUCT SELECTION: Each class will create 5 products that will be distributed in groups: A travel brochure online (web), a poster for the class (cardboard, paper roll …), an explanatory video (Youtube), a scrapbook (Ourboox) and a daily monitoring of the project (TwinSpace). Mixed groups of 8, 4 and 4 native European partners will be created.
3. These 5 products will be always about the same idea; the local city and the European partners one, and it should include one natural site and a museum in each city ( their own and the partners’). Finally, each product will include between 12 and 16 natural elements; and between 12 and 16 Museums and monuments.
We hope not only to create a meaningful and skillful learning, but also to build up communication links with other European teachers and schools.
The project will have a web made by the students and a visits brochure for the euromates.
We intend this project to be an starting point for other future exchanges.